THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 18, 2010

Progress? Maybe...

Ashton paced back and forth. His patience was wearing thin as he watched Sapphire sit in the chair swing her leg back and forth like a pendulum ticking away at the minutes they had left.

"Please, try and focus!" His voice boomed in the yard.

"Why? You will never train or tame me, so what is the point in all of this? You have hopes for a wife that I cannot and will not be! Tell me Ashton...what is it you want from me?!" She stood throwing ice at him is frustration. He jumped out of the way watching it shatter the tree it hit.

"That. That is what I wanted from you." With a calm voice he answered her. She was tired and drained. How long would it take for her to realize he only wanted the best for her? Evidently the month he had her did nothing. She hated him more and more every day for the feelings he brought to her. The feelings of rage, loneliness, excitement, fear, hope, stupidity, and everything she had pushed down.

"I QUIT!" She went to storm away back into the house.

"No! You can't!" He ran in front of her.

"Watch me! This is your game...not mine!" She yelled pushing him as hard as she could.

"This is not a game! I am not playing around with a brat like you for no reason anyways! You have a destiny to fulfill!" He returned taking her wrists and squeezing them to stop her from hurting him.

"Who's destiny Ashton?! I lost my family! I have only one destiny and that is to go down to the grave with the rest of them!" She jerked and jerked but lost. Finally her head hung low in defeat. "I can never be what you see! I cannot be who you desire!" She fought tears. Ashton took her into his arms and held her.

"I only want you to be who you are Sapphire, no more no less." He felt her begin to sob.

"I miss them! I miss the so much!" Her voice was muffled in his shirt.

0 comments: