THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 25, 2010

unexpected knock

Sapphire and Shane had just finished their run in the park when her door bell rang. She laughed at him trying to suck in breaths. "Didn't think i could run that long did ya now?" when she opened the door all air left her.

"Hey Sapphire." the familiar deep voice rang out. She backed up.

"What are you doing here?" the words were choked out. Shane observed who entered the apartment.

"Is this your boyfriend?" the man asked.

"Yes!" she slid her hand in Shane's. "Happy as can be." Shane went to protest but she squeezed his hand and jabbed his foot with her heel.

"So you guys live together?" Sapphire wished the man would never have come.

"Yes, don't we honey?" she smiled out.

"Yeah doll, yeah." he let out not wanting her to step on him again.

"Your mother would be dissappointed in you." her father said to her. Shane put two and two together.

"She keeps me far away from her sir, just until I can get a house, then we can get married. My last apartment flooded in the last rain." Sapphire's fear was evident, he could feel it from the power struggle she had with herself.

"Trust me, it is like walking into an igloo to get to me Daniel." a smile on her lips and a laugh in Shane's throat.

"Like walking into a block of ice for sure." they were trying not to laugh at what they knew.

"You guys aren't very close to be together then." Daniel said ignoring his daughter's calling of his name.

"Oh we are close. Speaking of close, I have to go to work. I hope you don't mind me leaving you alone with my father hun. Love you." she kissed his cheek. "Thank you." she whispered before walking out the door. Just to wait for her dad to leave. He did leave finally and she went back into her home. Shane was tapping his fingers on the arm of the chair.

"What in the heck was that?!" he asked loudly standing abruptly.

"I'm sorry..." he raised his hand to rake his fingers through his hair, but she flinched and squinted her eyes shut ready for a blow.

"Oh..." he dropped his mission and was truly concerned. "...he beat you didn't he?" he pulled her into his arms and felt strange things inside of him. Her tears came slowly.

"I didn't mean to use you. I knew he would not mess with me if you were with me." she wrapped her arms around him feeling secure and safe. Little did she know he was anything but safe for her.

0 comments: