THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Too close?

Shane was snowed into the apartment for the remainder of the winter. He had stayed too long and now, there was no way back to Charleston. One evening he was pacing back and forth by the window thinking about how he was to keep himself clear from emotions for three months.

"Shane?" she questioned putting a hand on his arm. He did not realize he had stopped pacing until then.

"Uh...yeah?"

"Are you ok?" she asked looking up at him. He focused in on her eyes. The longer he stood there the lighter they got.

"Y...yeah, i am ok." he tried to tear his gaze away but something kept him there, she didn't even know what she was doing. When she blinked her doe like eyes the focus broke and she walked away.

"Here...drink this." she gave him a cup of hot apple cider.

"I hate apple cider." she said nothing, but the hurt in her eyes made him drink the hot liquid anyways. The taste was aweful, but that look, it was worse than drinking the cider.

"You don't have to drink it, I just thought it would help you feel better." he voice was barely heard, but so loud at the same time.

"No, it is helping. I need to relax and it is helping." he hugged her surprised she hugged him in return.

"You liar." she took the drink away and took it into the kitchen. He followed her taking her hands.

"I am a liar?" he asked pulling her away from her dishes. She smiled nodding.

"Yes you are. You have told me nothing of yourself and expect me to let you close." she pulled away back away from him.

"I control fire and water. I am twenty-two, I have a twin, my dad is extreamly powerful and wealthy, and I am stuck here all winter." he walked toward her.

"Not enough. You know who i am, my father, who is bound to return. Everything..." she backed away again with a smile before opening the door to the apartment hallway.

"Come on Sapph, don't make me chase you, I am tired." he grumbled playfully taking a few steps closer. She bolted out the door and down the hall with him behind her. Her feet swiftly went down the stairs and out into the snow. He caught her by the waist.

"No!" she squealed laughing.

"What you gonna do now?" he was smiling while trying to catch his breath. She turned around too quick to meet his eyes and met his lips instead. She gasped and pulled away.

"Umm..." she wiped her mouth and looked away from him.

"What was that for?" he asked reaching out to her.

"I...I didn't..." he caught her moving arm and pulled her into one he meant to give her. He knew who was watching and he knew it would make the subject furious. When he pulled back he cheeks were firey red.

"You didn't mean to? Well i did." she just stood there stareing at him like a deer in headlights.

0 comments: